The Patriot Yue Fei 《精忠岳飞》 (2013)
Shortcut Link to this page: http://www.huang-xiaoming.info/goto.php?link=patriotyuefei
Watch The Patriot Yue Fei online: the first episodes are now available: http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/2044274.html
Large-scale historic warfare HDTV Serial in Ancient Chinese Costume
- Executive Producer: Stanley Tong
- Director: Guk Gaau Leung (Water Margin 2010)
- Music Director: Emil Wakin Chau
- Cast: Huang Xiaoming as Yue Fei, Lin Xinru, Zheng Peipei together with Gallen Lo Ka-leung, Viann Zhang Xinyu, Wu Xiubo, Ringo Yu Rongguang, Cui Lin, Allen Ting.
- Production year: 2011.
- on Chinese TV: starting 4th July 2013
- on Taiwanese TV: starting 25th July 2013
According to Stanley, The Patriot Yue Fei will be later adapted into a movie version, which will be shot in 3D to make the action scenes more stunning. Huang Xiaoming will continue to portray the Song Dynasty general.
“He’s so perfect,” said Stanley. “Why wouldn’t we use him?”
About Patriot Yue Fei (March 24, 1103 – January 27, 1142)
'Yue Fei' is a famous Chinese patriot and military general who is best known for leading the defense of the Southern Song Dynasty against invaders from northern Ｃhina, the Jurchen armies of the Jin Dynasty.
Since his death, Yue Fei has been regarded by the whole Chinese as a patriot and national hero and Yue Fei has also evolved into the standard epitome of loyalty in Chinese culture.
精忠岳飞 The Patriot Yue Fei (2013) (China / HBO)
The series depicts the life story of Yue Fei, the famous general of the Song Dynasty, and is set to broadcast in China at the end of this year. It will also be the first Chinese historical series to air on HBO in the United States.
黃曉明 Huang Xiao Ming plays the title role of Yue Fei. Other notable stars include 罗嘉良 Gallen Lo (Luo Jia Liang), 林心如 Ruby Lin (Lin Xin Ru), 于荣光 Yu Rong Guang, 张嘉倪 Jenny Zhang (Zhang Jia Ni), 刘诗诗 Cecilia Liu (Liu Shi Shi), and 陈之辉 Chen Zhi Hui.
The series is comprised of 60 episodes and was directed by 鞠觉亮 Ju Jue Liang (Kuk Kwok Leung), the director of The Legend of the Condor Heroes (2003), Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils (2003), The Legend of Chu Liu Xiang (2007), and All Men Are Brothers (2011). The series was produced by China Film Group Corporation, arguably the largest film enterprise in China.
In the last years of the Northern Song Dynasty, the central region was being invaded by the Liao Dynasty, causing the people fallen into difficult times. Emperor Huizong turned a blind eye to the political affairs, which led to the discontent of Yue Fei, the captain of a “brave warriors” team. With only 800 warriors, Yue Fei’s army, including Zhang Xian, Niu Gao, Xu Qing and Wang Gui, returned with triumph, demonstrating that fighters in the Sony Dynasty were a lot tougher than the enemy could ever imagine.
Jin Wuzhu soon led his army to raid the territory once again, sieging Bianjing, capital of the Northern Song Dynasty. Yue Fei thus joined the old commander Zong Ze to defend against the intruders. When Yue Fei was about to set off, his mother, Madam Yue, made a tattoo on his back with the characters“Jin Zong Bao Guo”(serve the country with supreme loyalty) as her support and inspiration towards him.
As Emperor Yuizong understood that his army was no match for the invaders, he hastily decided to abdicate his throne to his son Zhao Huan as Emperor Qinzong. The force of the Later Jin Dynasty surrounded Bianjing, resulting in an extreme situation. Zhao Gou, Emperor Qin Zong’s younger brother, who exceled in both the pen and the sword, was aided by a treacherous minister Qin Hui to usurp Qin Zong’s power. Such scheme was suppressed by Yue Fei, who was then at enmity with Qin Hui and Zhao Gou. Zhao ascended the throne at Jiankang as Emperor Gaozong, the first Emperor of the Southern Song Dynasty.
When Jin Wuzhu’s troop seiged Xinxiang, Yue Fei’s army marched into the mountain area and drew the swords against Jin’s powerful troop with the guerilla stragegies. Two months after, Yue Fei’s guerillas lacked food and reinforcement, forcing themselves to eat the invader’s flesh and drink their blood. Fortunately, Yue Fei’s wife Li Wa found General Liang Xing to transport the food onto the mountain, helping the entire army secure a safe retreat.
The Jin army conquered Jiankang with the imperial tomb raided. Yue Fei joined forces with his elder son, Yue Yun, to defeat Jin Wuzhu. However, Qin Hu was secretly in contact with Jin Wuzhu, offering him the map of Huang Tian Dang’s water channel, which enabled Wuzhu to retreat overnight.
After the triumph wth 6 commanderies recaptured, Yue Fei was awarded “The Patriot Yue Fei” flag by Emperor Gaozong, who admire his army as superior.
At the end of the 11th year of Shaoxing era, Emperor negotiated peace again with the Jin Dynasty. Their Emperor replied stating the mandatory condition: killing Yue Fei. This in turn gave an excuse to Qin Kui to eliminate him.
Qin Kui first sentenced Zhang Xian and Yue Yun to torture. Yue’s army determined to break into jail on the new year’s eve, but was discovered by Qin Kui, who finally decided to hurriedly sentenced him to hanging. Yue Fei cried to the sky saying “Tian Ri Zhao Zhao”(Where is justice?) before his glorious death for sacrifice.
Yue Fei finally died at 39. Qui Kui immediately sentenced Zhang Xian and Yue Yun to death the next afternoon. Yue Fei’s little daughter, Yue Yinping, threw herself into a well and destroyed herself. His wife Li Wa, along with a hundred of the clan members, were exiled to a desolate region for more than a decade and struggled to survive.
On the last month of the 25th year of Shaoxing era…
Qin Kui and his people walked towards a plaza, when Liang Xing suddenly appeared and ordered to kill him. Qin Kui’s son carried him on his back and broke out of the encirclement. Qin Kui returned to his mansion before he had a nightmare, in which Yue Yinping was going to take his life. He was terrified and soon dead. Statues of such evil man and his son were since built in Yue Fei Temple to kneel before Yue Fei, the historical patriot.
Source: Times Production Ltd.
Director: Ju Jueliang
|| Yue Fei
Gao Chong's wife
Emperor Gaozong of Song
Yue Fei's mother
On the YouTube Playlist:
- Huang Xiaoming announcing the Patriot Yue Fei on Anhui TV
- Trailer for The Patriot Yue Fei (2013)
- Ultimate Trailer for The Patriot Yue Fei (2013)
- Action Trailer for The Patriot Yue Fei (2013)
- Promotional trailer for The Patriot Yue Fei (2013)
Also Known As:
Jing Zhong Yue Fei
Release Date: July 2013
Runtime: 45 minutes per episode
Episodes: 60, 68 or 72 (depending on the TV Station and prefered cut per episode)
Genre: Drama, Action, History
On the YouTube Playlist:
- Theme Song 精忠岳飞 The Patriot Yue Fei (2013):
- Duet 精忠岳飞 The Patriot Yue Fei (2013): Loyalty Legends 《精忠传奇》duet Huang Xiaoming 黄晓明 and 谭晶
- 精忠岳飞 The Patriot Yue Fei Soundtrack (2013): New music video MV for Leap of my Heart 《精忠岳飞》
- Interviews on the set of The Patriot Yue Fei (during filming 2011)
- Scenes and interviews during the filming of the Patriot Yue Fei (during filming 2011)
- Full press conference for The Patriot Yue Fei in Taiwan 26 July 2013
- Videos from the premiere events on the various TV Stations incl. Shandong TV, Tianjin TV and Anhui TV 16-18 June 2013
- Gallery: Promotion for The Patriot Yue Fei (2013)
- The Patriot Yue Fei 精忠岳飞 and American Dreams in China promotion in Taipei, Taiwan
- The Patriot Yue Fei 《精忠岳飞》 Netease Interview - 《精忠岳飞》主创做客网易
- Exclusive online chat with Stanley Tong, Huang Xiaoming and others from The Patriot Yue Fei on July 12th at 11am
- Promotional event for The Patriot Yue Fei Shandong 1st June 2013
- The Patriot Yue Fei Tianjin TV Premiere event June 16, 2013
- Shandong TV and the cast of The Patriot Yue Fei meeting the press June 14, 2013
- 60-part TV Series Patriot Yue Fei to be on TV in July 2013
- Huang Xiaoming as Yue Fei in his upcoming drama THE PATRIOT YUE
- Promotion for The Patriot Yue Fei
- Some more stills of Huang Xiaoming as Yue Fei in THE PATRIOT YUE
- THE PATRIOT YUE FEI to Begin Airing on July 4th
- The theme song for THE PATRIOT YUE FEI (精忠岳飞), sung by Wakin
- Theme Song for Patriot Yue Fei released