Huang Xiaoming with actor Guo Jingfei.
Huang Xiaoming with actor Guo Jingfei.
Huang Xiaoming for ESQUIRE (时尚先生), part 1.
Some miscellaneous photos from Huang Xiaoming’s promotional trip to South Australia.
Poster featuring Huang Xiaoming for the upcoming movie THE THOUSAND FACES OF DUNJIA (奇门遁甲).
Huang Xiaoming’s drama NIRVANA IN FIRE 2 (琅琊榜之风起长林) premieres on December 18!
Actor Huang Xiaoming (left) and designer Zhang Shuai wear creations of M-77, a new fashion label they launched, at the brand’s first fashion show in Beijing.
Huang Xiaoming may have just launched a label with designer Zhang Shuai, yet the Chinese film star insists he won’t be tapping into fans to push sales.
Wearing a black T-shirt bearing a large “M” on the chest and a pair of matching pants, A-list actor Huang Xiaoming was looking sharp in the outfit he had a hand in designing.
Last week, the 40-year-old star and the emerging designer Zhang Shuai jointly launched their fashion label M-77, and held the brand’s first fashion show for its fall/winter collection at the National Agriculture Exhibition Hall in downtown Beijing.
Born in Qingdao in East China’s Shandong province, Huang recalls his family was not able to afford good clothes when he was young.
“My mother had to tailor old clothes to make them look new and trendy. I was happy to wear them then,” says Huang.
His adolescent struggle for affordable fashion has translated into a strong desire to make non-luxury, good-value clothing for those in a similar situation.
“In those years, youngsters were usually very excited to have new clothes, but they were usually difficult to satisfy,” he explains.
Huang explains the concept behind M-77: While “M” stands for man, “77” refers to the 1970s.
He also promises the brand will focus on producing inexpensive yet good-value items to make them affordable for ordinary people, as well as adding some Chinese elements to make it more appealing than some other foreign rivals.
Huang also reveals that he will play an important role in designing the clothes, and bring his favorite elements to the brand, such as military uniforms.
Read the entire article at the source.
Poster featuring Huang Xiaoming for the movie FOREVER YOUNG (无问西东). Also starring Zhang Ziyi, Chang Chen, Wang Leehom, and Chen Chusheng, FOREVER YOUNG opens in theaters on January 12, 2018.
The mysterious epic FOREVER YOUNG starring Zhang Ziyi will be unveiled in January 2018 - 6 years after the project was first announced.
A stellar cast of Zhang Ziyi, Huang Xiaoming, Leehom Wang, Chang Chen and Chen Chusheng attended a press conference on Wednesday in Beijing to announce the release date as Jan. 12 next year.
The film, written and directed by acclaimed writer-turned-director Li Fangfang, was originally planned to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Tsinghua University in 2011, with a budget of over 100 million yuan. The story covers four generations spanning a hundred years of modern Chinese history since World War II.
Actress Zhang Ziyi and actor Huang Xiaoming both mentioned in previous interviews that they cried after reading the script. By the end of 2012, the film had finished shooting but nothing has been heard since. Director Li commented in June 2014 that she is extremely meticulous about post-production and the film will be ready for release by the end of that year. However, it was not.
Sun Zhonghuai, CEO of Penguin Pictures and Vice President at Tencent Holdings Ltd., one of the film’s producers, said the nearly 6-year wait has made this production “a legend” in Chinese film industry.
The past five years has witnessed great changes in the actors’ personal life. When the cast members shot the film, they were all single. Now they are all married with children.
Huang Xiaoming added, “First I was attracted by the director’s good script, then I was moved by her sincere creative work ethic, as she had researched and studied tens of thousands of historical photos and documents to reenact the historical details in her production. I believe a good film is like a good wine, the longer it takes to make the better it will taste.”
Director Li Fangfang later joined the cast on the stage and praised them, “every one of them wanted to act as best as they can for their roles. We worked sincerely together and hope to tell a good story.”
It is also worth noting that the film was shot in film stock and may be the last film in China produced this way as most film processing studios have closed as Chinese filmmakers turn to digital filmmaking.
South Australia appoints Chinese movie star Huang Xiaoming to be the face of the state’s tourism campaign in a bid to attract ‘rich Asian tourists’
South Australia has appointed a Chinese megastar to be the face of the state’s tourism campaign in a bid to attract 'rich Asian tourists’.
Huang Xiaoming, described by the SA Tourism Minster as 'the biggest movie star in the world’ has about 54 million social media followers on Weibo and has starred in over 30 Chinese blockbusters.
The 40-year-old actor and singer visited South Australia last month to star in a tourism video that will be broadcast to millions of viewers overseas.
TISSOT (天梭) wishes their spokesperson Huang Xiaoming a happy 40th birthday!
Leave your own happy birthday message at TISSOT’s Weibo page to have a chance to win a watch case or a photo album, personally signed by Xiaoming!
- Happy 40th birthday to Huang Xiaoming! Poor guy, that vegetable
- Huang Xiaoming for the October 2017 issue of MEN’S UNO
- Three expressions
- Best boss ever? Actor Huang Xiaoming gives each employee a brand new iPhone 8
- Looking for summer
- Huang Xiaoming posted a photo of his abs on Weibo!
- New stills of Huang Xiaoming in the upcoming drama THE YEARS YOU
- Huang Xiaoming for the October 2017 issue of L’OFFICIEL HOMMES
- Huang Xiaoming on the set of THE YEARS YOU WERE LATE (你迟到的许多年),
- These two photos were posted separately on Instagram, with no
- 我吃草，我“好心”的员工拿蛋糕给我，只给闻不让吃As I’m eating grass, my “kind” staff
- Huang Xiaoming recently suffered an injury to the nose, as
- Huang Xiaoming in the upcoming drama THE YEARS YOU WERE LATE
- guzhuangheaven:Huang Xiaoming as Xiao Pingzhang in Nirvana in
- songqiankingdom:Victoria Song, Sheng Yilun and Huang Xiaoming
- fyhuangxiaoming:A sexier take on Huang Xiaoming and
- Posters for Huang Xiaoming and Janine Chang’s upcoming drama,
- Huang Xiaoming for ZWILLING JA HENCKELS
- songqiankingdom:A Life Time Love ‘上古情歌’ Trailer
- Huang Xiaoming looking gorgeously dapper
- Newly released posters for Huang Xiaoming’s upocming drama, A
- 离山顶只差一步，过了这两天开启更广阔的人生，向着梦想奔跑的你们最可爱，加油Only one step away from the
- Huang Xiaoming spotted biking outside in Beijing
- Assorted BTS photos of Huang Xiaoming in his upcoming drama, A
- The ending theme for Huang Xiaoming’s upcoming drama, A LIFE
- Trailer for Huang Xiaoming’s upcoming drama, A LIFE TIME LOVE
- Posters and stills for Huang Xiaoming’s upcoming drama A LIFE
- Huang Xiaoming spotted on Saipan, an island in the Western
- Angelababy's son 'a gift to husband'
- Huang Xiaoming and Angelababy Join Forces for VATTI Household Appliances Microfilm Commercial
- Huang Xiaoming at an event for UN AIDS
- Huang Xiaoming celebrating Mother’s Day on the Great Wall of
- 妈妈和妈妈，你们的baby永远爱妈妈Mom and Mom
- 我们的自拍 vs 自拍的我们，迟到的祝福，王力宏 Wang Leehom 生日快乐Our selfie vs the
- Huang Xiaoming being eaten by a Venus fly trap
- 看见了没，可不可爱 这些都是我的粉丝…的宝宝（照片来自一个因为不想暴露年龄卖萌装可爱的黄叔叔的自拍）
- 我为什么总是那么能吃？能吃也是一种病吗？How come I’m always able to eat so much? Is
- Huang Xiaoming, Chen Kun, and some of their Beijing Film Academy
- 爱笑运气都不会太差！哈哈哈If you love to laugh, then your luck won’t ever be
- 100天好快就过去了！100 days have passed so quickly!
- Huang Xiaoming and Crystal Liu Yifei reunited for a TISSOT
- Huang Xiaoming Introduces Facebook Page Using English!
- 没别的，就是觉得当妈妈太不容易了！全世界的妈妈都是最伟大的，我爱妈妈Nothing else, I just feel that
- From Huang Xiaoming’s Instagram
- 一家三口Family of three
- 开心可以合作Happy we can collaborate
- Huang Xiaoming and Sylvester Stallone celebrating the end of
- Good night
- It’s a wrap!杀青了
- 没人要了，谁把我领回去，管吃就行！唯一缺点吃的多！！！Nobody wants me